Our 7-week program; ‘Come Home to Your Body: Embody’, starts Sunday April 2, 2017 (11:30am-1pm)
Our signature 7 session Yoga Course for All Abilities, begins Sunday 4/2, 11:30-1 pm. This Course is life transforming, rooted in deep self care, rejuvenation, and self love. Many women today give a tremendous amount of time and caring attention to others, however they find it challenging to give themselves the opportunity to recharge their own batteries by replenishing and nourishing themselves. Registration Now Open (just 4 spots left)
Come Home to Your Body is an incredible Gift of high quality self care; a restorative infusion for the body, the mind, and the soul.
This Course is skillfully developed and led by Yoga Farm Directors Christopher Grant & Daniela Hess, as they combined their expertise and passion together to birth this efficient and nourishing Course for those who are ready to give back to themselves, and ‘take the oxygen first’. They bring a high quality of expertise to You in their instruction, imbued with humor, insightful contemplations, support, and warmth.
Your journey is this Course is both inward and outward. First, we remember and reconnect with our deepest value; self-love & self-worth. By returning and rooting down to this core value, we can BE love in action in our outer world, off the yoga mat, in All our Relations. This is true service in the World. For yourself and to all those who you encounter.
Come Home to Your Body: Embody integrates gentle yoga with intention and contemplations. Transform your experience of your body while preparing yourself to live an intentional life, on the mat, in your work, and in all your relations.
Our Come Home to Your Body program has four courses, one offered each quarter in the school year. You are invited to start your journey with any of the courses. We encourage students to take all four courses.
1) Ground (January / February) – Ground Yourself Into the New Year. 2017 begins with landing, finding your feet, and living the process of becoming present in every moment. What does being present afford you? Precision, clarity and power.
2) Embody (April / May) – The journey continues inward, where we remember self-love, self-worth so that you can BE love in action. This is true service, to yourself and to those around you. Register Today and Reserve your spot on for this course!
3) Emerge (September / October) – Every day you are born again, it’s what you do today that matters most. Once we have landed in our body, found our path into our own inner peace, our yoga then leads us back into the world through examining the power of breath and our core. This course will teach you how to use your breath and core to sustain awareness and open to new choices.
4) Engage (November / December) – The fourth course in the Come Home to Your Body series teaches you how to show up in all your relations, starting with yourself. Come Home to Your Body: Engage brings you in touch with your body, where you will ‘start the journey to living the version of you that you’d love to spend your life with’.
Some of you wish to move a body that hasn’t moved in some time; others of you may be coming back to yoga from an injury or going through a life transition. Perhaps you have been hearing from a friend or your inner voice that yoga could be really helpful for you. Maybe you have been giving of yourself others and realize it’s due time for some tender self-care.
This course helped improve my flexibility physically & emotionally; my body has felt relief from pain and stiffness and after learning more about myself in class, I have become more open-minded and flexible with my relationships with others and myself….
I have enjoyed Come Home to Your Body – Thank you! The meditations definitely helped me to begin learning to process daily life. The poses have greatly helped my flexibility and strength.
I appreciate the focus of the weekly lessons that continue to bring light and the feeling of improvement in my life. It’s nice to know I’m not alone in my journey and that everyone has their own story. Thank you!
Taking this class is the best! I experience so many things during a class such as mind and body relaxation, empowerment, education, community and love. Such a great space to be in with amazing people.
What can you expect to receive from Come Home to Your Body?
experience relief from an achy and stiff body
reduction of depression and unhappiness
- reduce chronic back or neck pain
- increased physical fitness and strength
- improve balance and flexibility
- naturally energized
- joy in the spirit
Come Home To Your Body Includes:
- Meet for yoga class one time per week with your classmates (Special 90 minute classes incorporate gentle yoga, contemplations, meditations, weekly lessons and discussion)
- You will be immersed in many of the offerings at Yoga Farm, including:
- Easy, Light and Fun Yoga – Open the body with simple movements, stretching and relaxing the neck, shoulders, back and hips
- Warrior Salutations – Ground & build strength and flexibility in the body
- Contemplations – Practical lessons for life
- Mindfulness – Work with the mind as your ally
- Guidelines and coaching for home practice sessions (suggested 15 minutes a day)
Meet and work with Yoga Farm teachers during the course
- Invitation to hiking trails and Sacred Sunday Community at Yoga Farm during course
- Online private group for discussion and support with other students and teachers during and after course
- Class size: minimum 10 and maximum 18 students
- We have a class makeup plan if you know you will need to miss a regular class or two – you can come to another section that week or a different drop-in yoga class here.
Something unique and wonderful becomes available to you when you learn to live in your body, as-it-is. This course is the doorway to a new way of being, a new way of living, a fresh start.
This course is perfect for those new to yoga and yet will offer new material and a refreshing approach to those who have already been practicing yoga. It is appropriate for people of all ages and body types. We use adaptive techniques to modify poses to accommodate injury, limitations in range of motion, or any other restrictions.
- Read Daniela’s Blog post about Come Home to Your Body, to find out our ‘why’
- If you’d like to see samples of the yoga set from a recent course, you can view this YouTube playlist.
- Or, if you only have 30 seconds, you can watch this sample
- Read our student testimonials
- What Happens in a Come Home to Your Body course
- Read Christopher’s blog article about the course
Come Home To Your Body: Our newly revised course ‘EMBODY’ begins late March
Tuition and Registration
- Regular tuition: $195
- Early-bird tuition: $175 (Ends 3/26)
- Join with a friend: $150 each
- Returning Students to Come Home to Your Body: $125 (must have taken previous CHTYB courses)
- Full-time nurses and teachers: $125 (yes we love you!)
Class meets Sundays, 11:30am – 1pm. Class meets April 2, April 9, April 23, April 30, May 14, May 21, May 28
This course is also available as a Gift Certificate for a loved one or as a ‘Pay It Forward’ anonymously.
Benefits of Regular Practice of Yoga: