Do you long to be present & centered and offer yourself as a gift to the world?
Open enrollment / question and answer session on Monday, 12/12 from 5:30-7:30pm at Yoga Farm. Come ask your questions, complete paperwork, make a deposit or pay in full to secure the best tuition. 12/12 is the last day for early bird enrollment and reduced tuition.This program is half full and is expected to be fully enrolled, so if you’d like to secure your spot please request an application: email@example.com
What is this program?
Yoga Farm has created a practical, accessible Yoga Teacher Training and Immersion. This training is not designed specifically for an ‘advanced’ yoga student, rather it is ‘for regular people, by regular people‘. We have found a tremendous market in teaching yoga that anyone can do and are eager to share. If you have felt the touch of yoga and are ready to dive deeply into the practices, this is for you.
This training encompasses two simultaneous journeys:
- Your inner, personal journey – you merge with your yoga, becoming grounded and centered and present
- Your outer journey – you learn to teach, allowing your gifts to be shared with the world
Our Yoga Farm teachers bring yoga, meditation and mindfulness to a large variety of settings: K-12 schools, businesses, festivals, yoga studios, living rooms, private sessions and more.
See our intro video from Christopher:
Our teacher training will emphasize:
- flow yoga
- gentle yoga
- yoga for self-care
- breathing exercises
- learning to teach well
- adjustments and alignment
- history and philosophy
Yoga is much more than stretching – this program will assist students to live yoga into all aspects of life. We will cultivate the ability to be centered and calm in daily activities – when eating, watching a movie, whether life is steady and ease-full or turbulent and stressed. This is a practical immersion into True Yoga.
Enrollment in our Spring 2017 program is being offered at a very reasonable tuition. Space is limited to a small group of 18 maximum, so that you will each receive maximum personal attention.
How does it work?
Our 200-hour program includes five full weekend immersions including yoga sessions, workshops and trainings in anatomy, philosophy, alignment and adjustments, teaching practice as well as restorative self-care practices.
In between our weekends together, we will be connecting through private groups on social media and twice weekly yoga classes in our classroom at Yoga Farm (or at your home studio if Yoga Farm is not local to you). You will have homework, self study and practice that will complete the 200 hours of training.
When does it meet?
We meet once per month for a total of 5 weekend trainings. We’ll meet January – May, 2017.
On this full weekends together, we will practice yoga and study yoga, yes, and more than that we’ll bring our mindfulness practices into a wide variety of activities, including:
- outdoor hikes on warmer days
- meditation walks
- quiet mindfulness practices
- quiet reading and reflection
- documentary movies with popcorn
- conversation on life
- silent slow meals
- chanting around the fire
- and more!
This is yoga for every body. This is yoga for life, for YOUR life. We teach foundational practices and observances to assist you in standing strong and bright when you walk off the mat into work and relationships.
In between, teacher trainees will take yoga classes for your own self-care and self-study (Yoga classes at Yoga Farm are included in the tuition). You’ll also have light home study assignments and collaborative tasks in between our sessions. (See full calendar below.)
What will you learn?
Our program has several desired outcomes:
- Teach you self-care techniques that nurture your body, mind and spirit
- Connecting to the mindful warrior within, discover your greatest gifts while you are here on this earth
- Discover your own teaching voice and authentic passion for helping others
- Learn how to sequence yoga flows
- Adapt yoga to different groups, such as schools, businesses, etc.
- Be trained in Yoga Farm’s unique accessible yoga styles that suits people of all body types
- Create a community of yoga students and teachers
- Discover that yoga is much more than stretching!
“Our Mindful Warrior yoga taught at Yoga Farm is most closely aligned with the yoga study known as ‘Raja Yoga’ also known as ‘Royal Yoga’ or ‘the 8-fold path’. It includes an emphasis on the physical practice of hatha yoga, and also brings in a strong foundation in mindfulness and meditation. Our Teacher Training program will prepare student teachers to teach vinyasa yoga for active classes and students, and gentler slow flow yoga for students of all body types and abilities.” — Christopher Grant, Co-Director of Yoga Farm
The Yoga we teach is:
- Grounded in Western Science
- Easy to learn
Living and Giving The Art & Science of Yoga
Who is this for?
Our training program is for:
- Everyone who wishes to carry the teachings of yoga to others, in any settings
- Those relatively new to yoga and enthusiastic about taking their practice to the next level
- Students who are ready to adapt yoga to new audiences
- Educators who are learning about yoga and mindfulness for the classroom
- Students who are ready to deepen into their own practice
- Those ready for a comprehensive training in all areas of yoga
About Certification, Insurance, Licensing and Registration
This is a full 200 hour certification program. Your certificate is from Yoga Farm, our educational school. You will be able to call yourself a ‘certified yoga teacher’ and apply for insurance as a yoga teacher.
When applying for a job at a yoga studio, you will have your certificate and can demonstrate proficiency in the practice and teaching of yoga.
Currently, yoga is an unregulated industry, and no license is required by state authorities to teach yoga.
Yoga Farm is not currently registered with any third party organizations. Yoga Alliance is one well-known organization that sets minimum standards for components in a teacher training. Our teacher training meets or exceeds these minimum standards.
We believe this teacher training program will deliver more value to our students than the minimum requirements of Yoga Alliance or other 3rd party organizations.
Yoga Farm directors and teachers have studied and practiced yoga for many many years and this teacher training is the culmination of our experience.
How can I learn more?
Call Christopher 607-280-2010 or Jeannie 518-354-9323, to talk or schedule a meeting.
How to apply: Request our application packet at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 607-280-2010.
Open enrollment / question and answer session on Monday, 12/12 from 5:30-7:30pm at Yoga Farm. Come ask your questions, complete paperwork, make a deposit or pay in full to secure the best tuition. 12/12 is the last day for early bird enrollment and reduced tuition.
Who are the trainers and what are their credentials?
Jeannie O’Neill – Jeannie O’Neill is a seasoned educator and the SUNY Cortland meditation and Yoga instructor. She has years of experience in the public school system as well as in charter and alternative schools as a teacher, social worker and administrator. Having owned a yoga studio in Bennington, Vermont, Jeannie taught yoga to students ages 3 to 83 and has extensive yoga anatomy, physiology and philosophy knowledge. Jeannie has provided countless hours of professional development workshops to educators and community partners. Along with being trained in vinyasa, anusara, ashtanga and yin yoga she carries a strong vipassana (meditation) practice following the teachings of Jack Kornfield, Jon Kabat Zinn and Patricia Jennings. Jeannie is a certified 200RYT yoga instructor and Mindful Schools curriculum trained. Her history undergrad was focused on; history, philosophy, Asian studies and world religions, which lead her to master’s studies in Mindful Education.
Christopher Grant – Christopher is a graduate of Cornell University school of Engineering and is founder of Yoga Farm. He is a certified yoga teacher, and partner or founder of several services organizations. Before the vision of Yoga Farm become reality, he was CEO of GORGES, Inc, a successful Ithaca web and software development firm. He has designed and led yoga sessions, longer courses, and meditations for schools, yoga studios, businesses and festivals. Christopher’s passion is in adapting the technology of yoga and mindfulness to practical and accessible formats.
Christopher received his 200-hour teaching certificate in Yoga in 2013 at the Kaivalya Yoga School, Ithaca, NY and an additional teaching certificate in 2014 from Naam Yoga Therapies in NYC. In 2015 he continued his expansion of yoga therapy skills with a teacher training course called ‘The Science of the Private Lesson’. Together, the physical yoga, breathing practices and easy meditations have helped him understand how to reduce stress, calm the mind, offer the body and nervous system healing and rest, and allow the smile within to rise up naturally.
Daniela Hess – Daniela is a Spiritual Director and co-Director of Yoga Farm and the HeartPath Institute. She is a certified Spiritual Life Coach, Reiki Master, and an instructor of Meditation & Yoga. For 7 years she has been guiding individuals and couples to to tell the truth to themselves and one another, to live into their Purpose, and to make Love matter.
Her 20 years in spiritual study and application are primarily from the Mahayana School of Tibetan Buddhism, as well as contemporary mentors such as Byron Katie, Caroline Myss, Deepak Chopra, Ravi Walsh, and Dr. Jackie Black. The synthesis of the oral teachings and transmissions of an unbroken lineage combined with the contemporary teachings of Inquiry, modern mysticism, and HeartPath techniques fuel Daniela’s capacity of razor sharp listening, and guiding students into the very questions they seek answers to.
We meet one weekend a month January – May. To make this training fit into schedules, we require self-study homework, yoga practice in yoga classes at your local studio, and home practices in between our weekends.
This approach allows us to fit our full training into a relatively small number of weekends, and keep the tuition affordable. Please be sure you can make the entire class schedule before making this commitment*.
- Friday January 13th 6pm-8pm – Meet and Greet
- Saturday January 14th 8am-8pm
- Sunday January 15th 8am- 8pm
- Monday January 16th 8am-3pm (Federal holiday)
- Saturday February 18th 8am-8pm
- Sunday February 19th 8am- 8pm
- Monday February 20th 8am-3pm (Federal holiday)
- Saturday March 18th 8am-8pm
- Sunday March 19th 8am-3pm
- Saturday April 15th 8am-8pm
- Sunday April 16th 8am-3pm
- Saturday May 6th 8am-8pm
- Sunday May 7th 8am-3pm (Graduation Celebration to follow)
*If you need to miss a day or two along the way, don’t worry – we will offer a make up day in April that works for everyone’s schedule. This yoga training is an immersion, and an equal amount of value will come from the time you spend in between our sessions, practicing at home, in the yoga studio.
We offer multiple tuition options, including payment plans, early bird tuition discounts, and join with a friend discounts
- $2000 regular tuition per person tuition + $450 facility fee = $2,450 total
- $1800 regular tuition join with a friend tuition + $450 facility fee = $2,250 total
- Early Bird Payment tuition: $1,950 total – paid in full, in advance (Early bird ends December 12)
Payment plan options for $2,450 tuition if not paid in full:
Option 1 Payment Plan:
- $1225 – upon acceptance into the program
- $1225 – due prior to February weekend
Option 2 Payment Plan:
$350 non-refundable registration fee & deposit, then $350 a month for 6 months December – May
Please note, tuition is non-refundable. There is a limited option to transfer your registration into a later program for special circumstances. Full details of our agreements are in the agreement form sent to applicants.
Students who complete the course requirements will receive their 200-hour “Yoga Farm Mindful Warrior Yoga Teacher Training Certification” from Yoga Farm.
Specific Requirements to be awarded certification:
- Attend at least two yoga classes per week. Two classes a week are included in your tuition if you are convenient to Yoga Farm. After each class, log the day / time in your journal and take a few notes on what you learned or practiced during that sessions. Total of 30 yoga classes required as part of this training.
- Attend all training weekends, if an emergency arises and you miss a session we may be able to offer makeup days
- If you miss more than one weekend then you will need to complete the training during the summer or the next school year before you will receive certification.
- Complete all homework assignments, independent study and reading requirements
- Satisfactory completion of end of course examinations
- Satisfactory demonstrate teaching in community classes
Independent Study Expectations and Requirements
Physical Training and Cultivation of Practice ~ Two yoga classes/week at any studio, 30 Hours of Personal Yoga Practice outside of studio, 20 minute meditation 3x’s a week (minimum).
- Teaching Methods ~ Required Reading ~ Create a Body Project (Details will follow)
- Practicum ~ Schedule to observe and document 2 yoga classes, assist in 2 yoga classes, teach two yoga sessions and create your own yoga video recording.
- Elective ~ Pick a specialization in Yoga and present on that specialization; (Yoga for Kids, Athletes, Injuries, Special Needs, Autism, Eating disorders, etc.)
- Additional study requirements and reading TBD
How to apply: Request our application packet at: email@example.com, or call 607-280-2010
All applications will be considered by our teachers.
For those who are interested, we have 2 need-based scholarships available. Please inquire for details. The scholarships involve partial tuition, food preparation for group meals and studio cleanup.
Sample Day Schedule:
8:00-8:30 am ~ Meditation
8:30-10am ~ Active Yoga Class; Here is your chance to be the student
10-10:30 am ~ break and mindful snack
10:30am-12:00 pm ~ History and Philosophy: It’s not about how far you go. It’s about HOW you go.
12-1pm ~ Vegetarian Lunch
1-1:30 ~ Mindful Walking Meditation
1:30-3 pm ~ Yin Yoga or Restorative Yoga Class
3-3:30 ~ break
3:30-5pm ~ Anatomy or Philosophy
5-6pm ~ Dinner
6-7:30 pm ~ Teaching Methods and Techniques, or video
7:30-8pm ~ Mindfulness and closing
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I take this training if I am relatively new to yoga?
Yes! This is a practical immersion into yoga. If you’d like to dive deeply into yoga practice for four months, and see what yoga can bring to your life, this is a perfect opportunity.
We do suggest that you take a few classes with Christopher or Jeannie before committing to the program so you can see what the yoga we teach is like.
I’m not sure if I want to teach yoga, is that OK?
Yes! This training will help you bring yoga and mindfulness into your life. Your inner work and transformation is the key component of this. If you don’t know if you want to, or don’t end up teaching yoga, that’s OK. You will learn to use your voice, to stand up strong, to talk honestly with others about life’s challenges and breakthroughs, and many other valuable skills that will help you in all areas of your life.
Have another question? Ask us! (contact info below)
How to apply: Request our application packet at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 607-280-2010
Bonus: Does this speak to you?