‘Come Home to Your Body’
Our signature Yoga Course for all abilities is in session now. This Course is life transforming, rooted in deep self care, rejuvenation, and self love.
While we are in session, we offer private ‘Come Home to Your Body’ course groups of 3-6. If you and 2 friends are interested in a 4-session, month-long introduction to yoga, please let us know! If you are interested and don’t know others who are we can match you up. (tuition is $150 per person, scheduled for a time you can all make, and includes regular group yoga classes here during your private course! wow!)
This is a great way to learn yoga, re-create your relationship with your body, and deepen your friendship.
Come Home to Your Body is an incredible Gift of high quality self care; a restorative infusion for the body, the mind, and the soul.
This Course is skillfully developed and led by Yoga Farm Directors Christopher Grant & Daniela Hess, as they combined their expertise and passion together to birth this efficient and nourishing Course for those who are ready to give back to themselves, and ‘take the oxygen first’. They bring a high quality of expertise to You in their instruction, imbued with humor, insightful contemplations, support, and warmth.
Your journey is this Course is both inward and outward. First, we remember and reconnect with our deepest value; self-love & self-worth. By returning and rooting down to this core value, we can BE love in action in our outer world, off the yoga mat, in All our Relations. This is true service in the World. For yourself and to all those who you encounter.
Many women today give a tremendous amount of time and caring attention to others, however they find it challenging to give themselves the opportunity to recharge their own batteries by replenishing and nourishing themselves.
‘Come Home to Your Body‘ integrates gentle yoga with intention and contemplations. Transform your experience of your body while preparing yourself to live an intentional life, on the mat, in your work, and in all your relations.
Our Come Home to Your Body program has four courses, one offered each quarter in the school year. You are invited to start your journey with any of the courses. We encourage students to take all four courses.
1) Ground (January / February) – Ground Yourself Into the New Year. 2017 begins with landing, finding your feet, and living the process of becoming present in every moment. What does being present afford you? Precision, clarity and power.
2) Embody (April / May) – The journey continues inward, where we remember self-love, self-worth so that you can BE love in action. This is true service, to yourself and to those around you.
3) Emerge (September / October) – Every day you are born again, it’s what you do today that matters most. Once we have landed in our body, found our path into our own inner peace, our yoga then leads us back into the world through examining the power of breath and our core. This course will teach you how to use your breath and core to sustain awareness and open to new choices.
4) Engage (November / December) – The fourth course in the Come Home to Your Body series teaches you how to show up in all your relations, starting with yourself. Come Home to Your Body: Engage brings you in touch with your body, where you will ‘start the journey to living the version of you that you’d love to spend your life with’.
Some of you wish to move a body that hasn’t moved in some time; others of you may be coming back to yoga from an injury or going through a life transition. Perhaps you have been hearing from a friend or your inner voice that yoga could be really helpful for you. Maybe you have been giving of yourself others and realize it’s due time for some tender self-care.
Since losing my mother and facing challenges from my mom’s death, I have been overwhelmed. I knew I needed to get back to ‘me’ and God to find a place to heal. This was the place. I could write 3…
The value was increased self-awareness both physically and emotionally. Come Home to Your Body courses have become the time each week that I dedicate to myself, and that’s invaluable!
Fantastic balance between the two teachers! Come Home to Your Body includes personal intention setting, meditation, and a safe environment to explore my physical and mental capacity.
I love the Come Home to Your Body course. The classes in it have helped me find calmness and clarity. I use the teachings so many times throughout my daily activities.
What can you expect to receive from Come Home to Your Body?
experience relief from an achy and stiff body
reduction of depression and unhappiness
- reduce chronic back or neck pain
- increased physical fitness and strength
- improve balance and flexibility
- naturally energized
- joy in the spirit
Come Home To Your Body Includes:
- Meet for yoga class one time per week with your classmates (Special 90 minute classes incorporate gentle yoga, contemplations, meditations, weekly lessons and discussion)
- Includes a Yoga Farm membership for one month during the course ($95 value!)
- You will be immersed in many of the offerings at Yoga Farm, including:
- Easy, Light and Fun Yoga – Open the body with simple movements, stretching and relaxing the neck, shoulders, back and hips
- Warrior Salutations – Ground & build strength and flexibility in the body
- Contemplations – Practical lessons for life
- Mindfulness – Work with the mind as your ally
- Guidelines and coaching for home practice sessions (suggested 15 minutes a day)
Meet and work with Yoga Farm teachers during the course
- Invitation to hiking trails and Sacred Sunday Community at Yoga Farm during course
- Class size: minimum 10 and maximum 18 students
- We have a class makeup plan if you know you will need to miss a regular class or two – you can come to another drop-in yoga class here that week.
Something unique and wonderful becomes available to you when you learn to live in your body, as-it-is. This course is the doorway to a new way of being, a new way of living, a fresh start.
This course is perfect for those new to yoga and yet will offer new material and a refreshing approach to those who have already been practicing yoga. It is appropriate for people of all ages and body types. We use adaptive techniques to modify poses to accommodate injury, limitations in range of motion, or any other restrictions.
- Read past student testimonials
- Read Daniela’s blog post about Come Home to Your Body, to find out our ‘why’
- If you’d like to see samples of the yoga set from a recent course, you can view this YouTube playlist.
- Or, if you only have 30 seconds, you can watch this sample
- What Happens in a Come Home to Your Body course
- Read Christopher’s blog article about the course
Come Home To Your Body
- Regular tuition: $150
Benefits of Regular Practice of Yoga: