Our 7-week program; ‘Come Home to Your Body: Embody’, starts Sunday April 2, 2017. This course is designed for people of all ages, abilities, shapes, and sizes. Registration Now Open
This all-new gentle yoga course is perfect for those new to yoga, returning from some time away, or continuing their yoga journey. Our upcoming course: ‘Embody’, is the next step for those who have already taken one or more Come Home to Your Body courses.
In this course we offer weekly lessons, contemplations for living an intentional life while showing you how to create ease in your body and peace in your mind.
‘Come Home to Your Body: Embody’ is a direct route, an efficient path for You to tend to YOU. When you afford yourself 90 minutes each week of thorough self care, you will learn and lean into the value of how to, ‘take the oxygen first, THEN help those around you’ (spoken by wise flight attendants, every single day).
A content, joyous life is one in which we serve others from the Lightness of our own spirit, present, in Joy, and contentment… however, the depleted version of us tends to be tense and resentful inside, and we do our ‘best’ to not let those feelings out.
This is WHY we teach this Course. We are deeply invested in helping students and clients to “Discover You & Awaken YOUR Kindest Humanity”.
‘Come Home to Your Body: Embody’ gifts you highly practical skills and tools that you can immediately employ outside of class, daily, such that you can truly experience radical shifts in your experiences in BOTH your Mind AND your Body.
The Course structure is an intentional Journey that we developed to offer you such that the gems of both Coaching & Yoga are within your daily capacity to utilize in your life.
Come Home to Your Body: Embody integrates gentle yoga with intention and contemplations. Transform your experience of your body while preparing yourself to live an intentional life, on the mat, in your work, and in all your relations.
Our Come Home to Your Body program has four courses, one offered each quarter in the school year. You are invited to start your journey with any of the courses. We encourage students to take all four courses.
1) Ground (January / February) – Ground Yourself Into the New Year. 2017 begins with landing, finding your feet, and living the process of becoming present in every moment. What does being present afford you? Precision, clarity and power.
If you’d like to see samples of the yoga set from a recent course, you can view this YouTube playlist. View and practice with the warmup here below. (Or, if you only have 30 seconds, you can watch this sample)
2) Embody (April / May) – The journey continues inward, where we tap our intention for inner peace. With the addition of meditation and contemplation our yoga now includes compassion, silence and kindness.
3) Emerge (September / October) – Every day you are born again, it’s what you do today that matters most. Once we have landed in our body, found our path into our own inner peace, our yoga then leads us back into the world through examining the power of breath and our core. This course will teach you how to use your breath and core to sustain awareness and open to new choices.
4) Engage (November / December) – The fourth course in the Come Home to Your Body series teaches you how to show up in all your relations, starting with yourself. Come Home to Your Body: Engage brings you in touch with your body, where you will ‘start the journey to living the version of you that you’d love to spend your life with’.
Some of you wish to move a body that hasn’t moved in some time; others of you may be coming back to yoga from an injury or going through a life transition. Perhaps you have been hearing from a friend or your inner voice that yoga could be really helpful for you. Maybe you have been giving of yourself others and realize it’s due time for some tender self-care.
Taking this class is the best! I experience so many things during a class such as mind and body relaxation, empowerment, education, community and love. Such a great space to be in with amazing people.
What can you expect to receive from Come Home to Your Body?
experience relief from an achy and stiff body
reduction of depression and unhappiness
- reduce chronic back or neck pain
- increased physical fitness and strength
- improve balance and flexibility
- naturally energized
- joy in the spirit
Register for your course today and experience how yoga is for everyone, even you! Ease of body, peace of mind, and joy of spirit are available to you; won’t you join us?
Come Home To Your Body Includes:
- Meet for yoga class one time per week with your classmates (Special 90 minute classes incorporate gentle yoga, contemplations, meditations, weekly lessons and discussion)
- You will be immersed in many of the offerings at Yoga Farm, including:
- Easy, Light and Fun Yoga – Open the body with simple movements, stretching and relaxing the neck, shoulders, back and hips
- Warrior Salutations – Ground & build strength and flexibility in the body
- Contemplations – Practical lessons for life
- Mindfulness – Work with the mind as your ally
- Guidelines and coaching for home practice sessions (suggested 15 minutes a day)
Meet and work with Yoga Farm teachers during the course
- Invitation to hiking trails and Sacred Sunday Community at Yoga Farm during course
- Online private group for discussion and support with other students and teachers during and after course
- Class size: minimum 10 and maximum 18 students
- We have a class makeup plan if you know you will need to miss a regular class or two – you can come to another section that week or a different drop-in yoga class here.
Something unique and wonderful becomes available to you when you learn to live in your body, as-it-is. Our first course is the doorway to a new way of being, a new way of living, a fresh start.
This course is perfect for those new to yoga and yet will offer new material and a refreshing approach to those who have already been practicing yoga. It is appropriate for people of all ages and body types. We use adaptive techniques to modify poses to accommodate injury, limitations in range of motion, or any other restrictions.
Come Home To Your Body: Our newly revised course ‘EMBODY’ begins late March
Tuition and Registration
- Regular tuition: $195
- Early-bird tuition: $175
- Join with a friend: $150 each
- Returning Students to Come Home to Your Body: $125 (must have taken previous CHTYB courses)
- Full-time nurses and teachers: $125 (yes we love you!)
Class meets Sundays, 11:30am – 1pm. Class meets April 2, April 9, April 23, April 30, May 14, May 21, May 28
This course is also available as a Gift Certificate for a loved one.
Benefits of Regular Practice of Yoga: